- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Combine the applesauce, water, yogurt, egg whites and almond extract. stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisins.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For drizzle, in a bowl, whisk confectioners' sugar and water until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Applesauce Cake in Taste of Home February/March 2004
Reviews for Yogurt Applesauce Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2013
I made this for dessert last night. My family absolutely loved it. Nice and light, and the flavor was fantastic.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Cakes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >