Cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg lend an appetizing aroma to this yummy cake made with fat-free yogurt. "It's great for brunch, dessert or snacking," notes Tina Dierking of Skowhegan, Maine. "In fact, it's great anytime!"
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Combine the applesauce, water, yogurt, egg whites and almond extract. stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisins.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For drizzle, in a bowl, whisk confectioners' sugar and water until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Applesauce Cake in Taste of Home February/March 2004
Reviews for Yogurt Applesauce Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2013
"I made this for dessert last night. My family absolutely loved it. Nice and light, and the flavor was fantastic."