Yellow Squash Muffins Recipe
These muffins are so moist and golden, they're sure to become an instant family favorite. They have a delicate squash flavor.—Doris Heath, Franklin, North Carolina
- 1 pound yellow summer squash, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add squash. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain and mash; stir in the butter and egg. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in the squash mixture just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 170 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC