Yellow Squash Muffins Recipe
- 1 pound yellow summer squash, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add squash. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain and mash; stir in the butter and egg. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in the squash mixture just until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Yellow Squash Muffins(11)
Sort By :
These didn't turn out as well as I had hoped but I think I had too much squash. I did use 1# as the recipe directed. Has anyone measured out how much mashed squash should be used? The flavor was very good.
So very delicious!!!
I agree with the person who said the muffins taste like cornbread. However, that still wasn't good enough for my squash-hating family. Back to the drawing board on what to do with all my homegrown squash...
Really good! Only thing I did differently was to cut the sugar to 1/4 c. (just because we prefer less sweet muffins).