Yellow Squash Casserole
This casserole is one of my favorites. My family often requests it and it is a great way to use up yellow squash!Mae Kruis, Gallup, New Mexico
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 to 4 yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 8 to 10 saltines, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium high heat. Saute squash and
- onion until crisp-tender. Remove from the heat; stir in chilies,
- crackers, and salt and pepper. Spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt.
- casserole. Top with cheese. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 199 calories, 14 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 354 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.