This casserole is one of my favorites. My family often requests it and it is a great way to use up yellow squash!—Mae Kruis, Gallup, New Mexico
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 to 4 yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 8 to 10 saltines, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium high heat. Saute squash and onion until crisp-tender. Remove from the heat; stir in chilies, crackers, and salt and pepper. Spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt. casserole. Top with cheese. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Yellow Squash Casserole in Country Woman July/August 1992, p35
Reviews for Yellow Squash Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review