- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 to 4 yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 8 to 10 saltines, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium high heat. Saute squash and onion until crisp-tender. Remove from the heat; stir in chilies, crackers, and salt and pepper. Spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt. casserole. Top with cheese. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Yellow Squash Casserole(5)
Sort By :
I loved how the chilies kicked up the flavor. Since I was short on time, I sauteed the onions and squash until tender, then stirred in the chilies and added the crackers and left the cheese melt on top. Yum.
I made this and omitted the green chilies( Preference) and used Ritz crackers....it was really good! Highly recommend it. Love fresh garden produce.