Yellow Squash and Tomatoes
Kathy Smith of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania writes of her Yellow Squash and Tomatoes, “Don't be fooled by the simplicity; this is so good. I made it at least once a week last summer when the garden was producing squash, tomatoes and basil.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, saute squash in oil until tender. Add the
- tomatoes, basil, pepper and salt. Reduce heat to medium; cook 1-2
- minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 94 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 82 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.