Yellow Squash and Peppers
Anna Stodolak sends her quick veggie side dish that's sure to perk up any dinner. Anna uses fresh yellow squash and peppers from her Volant, Pennsylvania garden.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups sliced yellow summer squash
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup each julienned green and sweet red peppers
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute the squash, onion and peppers in oil for
- 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Cook, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender,
- stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 62 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 151 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.