Yellow Squash & Watermelon Salad Recipe
I always like to bring this healthy option to parties and potlucks, and people seem to really appreciate that. No oil is necessary for this salad: the lemon juice combines with the feta to lightly coat the bright, fresh ingredients. —Camille Parker, Chicago, Illinois
- 6 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 12 fresh mint leaves, torn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Just before serving, add arugula and cheese; toss gently to combine. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Yellow Squash & Watermelon Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2014
Reviews for Yellow Squash & Watermelon Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2014
Do you prepare this without cooking the squash? The flavor together sound delicious.
Reviewed May. 27, 2014
I halved the recipe and used spinach. It was delicious! Very light and refreshing. Look forward to taking this to Summer potlucks.