- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, divided
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut into wedges
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1 cup julienned sweet yellow pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1 teaspoon cornstarch, 1 teaspoon brown sugar, garlic, pepper and 1 tablespoon vinegar. Add beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining cornstarch and brown sugar. Add the broth, soy sauce and remaining vinegar; stir until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, heat oil; stir-fry beef until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, stir-fry onion for 2 minutes. Add asparagus and yellow pepper; stir-fry for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Return beef to the pan. Stir broth mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Yellow Pepper Beef Stir-Fry in Light & Tasty December/January 2006, p25
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Yellow Pepper Beef Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >