Yellow Cupcakes Recipe
Nothing is better than homemade cupcakes. They are so delicious and fluffy. Choose whatever frosting you want to top these treats.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- Frosting of your choice
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line 22-24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- 3. Fill prepared cups three-fourths full. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Spread with frosting. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 cupcake (calculated without frosting) equals 163 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC