Nothing is better than homemade cupcakes. They are so delicious and fluffy. Choose whatever frosting you want to top these treats.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
22-24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- Frosting of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar
- until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after
- each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and
- salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well
- after each addition.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 15-20 minutes
- or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10
- minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost cupcakes. Yield: 22-24 cupcakes.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cupcake (calculated without frosting) equals 163 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.