- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- Frosting of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 22-24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill prepared cups three-fourths full. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Spread with frosting. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Yellow Cupcakes
"This is very bland but eggy tasting. Not super moist. Definitely nothing special. I would actually prefer box mix over this."
"Horrible. Not good at all. I followed the recipe very very carefully. My cakes were dense and tasted like cornbread . You'd have to drown those cupcakes in frosting to make them taste good."
"Should I use salted or unsalted butter?"
"Baked for Thanksgiving, got rave reviews ! I baked a half recipe. Very quick to prepare, everyone enjoyed them."
"I want to try making these today but wondering if to use salted or unsalted butter. Please Help"