- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- Frosting of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 22-24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill prepared cups three-fourths full. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Spread with frosting. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Yellow Cupcakes
"Moist with good flavor but the top flattened while they were cooling."
"Way too sweet. I even cut the sugar to 1.5 cups and they were too sweet."
"delicious recipe very easy to make thanks for sharing"
"We cut the cupcakes in half and put strawberries, whipped cream and sprinkles on top...perfect density. The kids LOVED them"
"This is very bland but eggy tasting. Not super moist. Definitely nothing special. I would actually prefer box mix over this."
"Horrible. Not good at all. I followed the recipe very very carefully. My cakes were dense and tasted like cornbread . You'd have to drown those cupcakes in frosting to make them taste good."
"Should I use salted or unsalted butter?"
"I want to try making these today but wondering if to use salted or unsalted butter. Please Help"
"Just what I have been looking for. These cupcakes should be called: The Perfect Vanilla Cupcake EVER! Moist and delicious married with perfect vanilla favor. I made a raspberry frosting to adorn the cupcakes and pressed a red raspberry into each cupcake before baking. They made a beautiful presentation and had a "to die for" taste. You won't go wrong with this recipe, so many possibilities!PS: I did use cake flour instead of regular flour with excellent results."