- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- Frosting of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 22-24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill prepared cups three-fourths full. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Spread with frosting. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Yellow Cupcakes
Sort By :
"Baked for Thanksgiving, got rave reviews ! I baked a half recipe. Very quick to prepare, everyone enjoyed them."
"I want to try making these today but wondering if to use salted or unsalted butter. Please Help"
"Just what I have been looking for. These cupcakes should be called: The Perfect Vanilla Cupcake EVER! Moist and delicious married with perfect vanilla favor. I made a raspberry frosting to adorn the cupcakes and pressed a red raspberry into each cupcake before baking. They made a beautiful presentation and had a "to die for" taste. You won't go wrong with this recipe, so many possibilities!PS: I did use cake flour instead of regular flour with excellent results."
"I made these cupcakes today. They're light and fluffy and have a good taste. I used regular size cups and the recipe made 23 cupcakes. From a previous cupcake recipe that didn't turn out I learned not to use Argo baking powder without aluminum. It gave the cupcakes a horrible after taste so if anyone makes these cupcakes don't use aluminum free baking powder."
"Cupcakes turned out moist and fluffy. I used 1 1/2 sticks of butter and 2 tsp vanilla, I think I will cut sugar to 1 1/2 cups. These were exactly what I was looking for!"