- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- Frosting of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 22-24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill prepared cups three-fourths full. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Spread with frosting. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Yellow Cupcakes
"delicious recipe very easy to make thanks for sharing"
"We cut the cupcakes in half and put strawberries, whipped cream and sprinkles on top...perfect density. The kids LOVED them"
"This is very bland but eggy tasting. Not super moist. Definitely nothing special. I would actually prefer box mix over this."
"Horrible. Not good at all. I followed the recipe very very carefully. My cakes were dense and tasted like cornbread . You'd have to drown those cupcakes in frosting to make them taste good."
"Should I use salted or unsalted butter?"
"Baked for Thanksgiving, got rave reviews ! I baked a half recipe. Very quick to prepare, everyone enjoyed them."
"I want to try making these today but wondering if to use salted or unsalted butter. Please Help"
"Just what I have been looking for. These cupcakes should be called: The Perfect Vanilla Cupcake EVER! Moist and delicious married with perfect vanilla favor. I made a raspberry frosting to adorn the cupcakes and pressed a red raspberry into each cupcake before baking. They made a beautiful presentation and had a "to die for" taste. You won't go wrong with this recipe, so many possibilities!PS: I did use cake flour instead of regular flour with excellent results."
"I made these cupcakes today. They're light and fluffy and have a good taste. I used regular size cups and the recipe made 23 cupcakes. From a previous cupcake recipe that didn't turn out I learned not to use Argo baking powder without aluminum. It gave the cupcakes a horrible after taste so if anyone makes these cupcakes don't use aluminum free baking powder."
"Cupcakes turned out moist and fluffy. I used 1 1/2 sticks of butter and 2 tsp vanilla, I think I will cut sugar to 1 1/2 cups. These were exactly what I was looking for!"