Yeast Pancakes Recipe
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) quick-rise yeast
- 3 cups warm milk (120° to 130°), divided
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in 1 cup warm milk. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Gradually stir in the yeast mixture and butter until smooth. Combine the eggs and remaining milk; stir into the batter until well combined. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Pour batter by 1/2 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancake; cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Reviews for Yeast Pancakes(1)
Sort By :
Delicious!! These are some of the best pancakes I've made!! Wonderful flavor and texture...and I like the fact that the batter only rises for 30min. I did, however, add two tablespoons of sugar instead of 2 teaspoons, and they were just right. not too sweet. Would make them again!!