Yeast Dinner Rolls Recipe
Ever since I was a child, fresh-from-the-oven yeast breads and rolls have been my absolute favorite. These melt in your month.—Earlene McEvers, Herrin, Illinois
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 to 8-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Additional melted butter, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in a warm water. Add milk, eggs, sugar, butter, salt and 4 cups flour until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours. Punch dough down; divide into four portions. Shape each into eight rolls; place 20 rolls in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Place 12 rolls in a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 20-30 minutes. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with butter if desired. Serve warm. Yield: 32 rolls.
One serving (1 each) equals 148 calories, 2 g fat (0.55 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 179 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC