Yeast Corn Bread Loaf Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°), divided
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water. Add the cornmeal, milk powder, butter, sugar, salt, 1-1/4 cups flour and remaining water. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down; shape into a loaf. Place in a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
1 slice: 129 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 254mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Yeast Corn Bread Loaf
"The picture looks nice, but I'd like to replace the all purpose flour with a gluten free whole grain flour. what would be a good substitute for the all purpose flour, maybe yuca flour?"
"easy and delicious."
"i really like it"
"this is wonderful"