- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 boneless beef eye round roast (3 pounds)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup reduced-sodium tomato juice
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- Rub garlic onto roast, then coat with flour. In a large Dutch oven, brown roast in oil. Add the tomato juice, carrots, onions, celery, bay leaves, seasoning blend, thyme and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-1/2 hours, turning meat occasionally.
- Add potatoes; simmer for 30 minutes or until tender. Discard bay leaves. Remove roast and slice; serve with vegetables and gravy. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Yankee Pot Roast in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 2000, p114
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Yankee Pot Roast(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2011
The recipe was easy and tasted great. It had good flavor, although I added rosemary and parsnips.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >