Yankee-Doodle Sirloin Roast Recipe
In the spirit of July Fourth, my sister and I planned a theme menu for our families that included this wonderful grilled roast. Marinating the meat overnight really boosts the flavor. This entree kept us out of the kitchen and was a nice change from the usual burgers and hot dogs. -Laurie Neverman, Green Bay, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 2 hours + standing YIELD:12-14 servings
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup teriyaki or soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (4 pounds)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add roast. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 to 2-1/4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC