Yankee-Doodle Sirloin Roast Recipe
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup teriyaki or soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (4 pounds)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add roast. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 to 2-1/4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Yankee-Doodle Sirloin Roast(3)
Sort By :
I used the marinade for london broil on the grill and worked out nicely.
This turned out really dry. I would recommend cooking only 2 hours.
The flavor on this is good, but very strong. I think the marinade would make better jerky than a roast.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Memorial Day Dinners >