Yankee Corn Muffins
These traditional corn muffins are perfect alongside the creamy casserole, but they really complement any meal. Topped with a little butter, fresh-from-the-oven treats like these never last too long around our house.Barb Marshall, Pickerington, Ohio
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder
- and salt. In a small bowl, beat the egg, milk and oil. Stir into the
- dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at
- 400° for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a
- wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 8 muffins.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 211 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 419 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.