Xylophone Cakes Recipe
- 2 loaves (10-3/4 ounces each) frozen pound cake, thawed
- Yellow, green, orange and red gel food coloring
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- M&M's minis
- 28 miniature marshmallows
- 28 pretzel sticks
- Cut each cake widthwise into seven 1-in. slices. Trim a diagonal slice from the long sides of each slice, angling slightly, leaving 1 in. wide at a short end.
- Use food coloring to tint the frosting. Carefully spread or pipe stripes on cake slices; top with M&M's. For mallets, press a miniature marshmallow into one end of each pretzel stick. Yield: 14 cakes.
Reviews for Xylophone Cakes
Sort By :
"I finally found the idea I've been searching for, this worked out great for my son's preschool class since he got stuck with the letter X. I really searched for the best and cutiest idea out but this one was far better than them all. I did follow the recipe did my own color combination with different color combo on the m&m's. My son helped me too so this was a fun and learning experiement. I would highly recommend this to anyone searching for a fun and easy project for school or parties or just plan fun!"