Wyoming Whopper Cookies Recipe
These big country cookies are made to travel—in fact, I came up with this recipe while trying to match a commercial cookie that was good, but too crumbly to carry. —Jamie Hirsch, Powell, Wyoming
- 2/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups chunky peanut butter
- 6 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in the brown sugar, sugar, eggs and peanut butter until smooth. Add oats, baking soda, raisins and chocolate chips (dough will be sticky).
- 2. Drop on a greased baking sheet with an ice cream scoop or large spoon. Flatten slightly. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Remove cookies to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 768 calories, 39 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 499 mg sodium, 101 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC