- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups (12 ounces) chocolate chips
- Place coconut and pecans on a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 6 to 8 minutes or until toasted, stirring every 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt Add to creamed mixture; beat well. Stir in the oats, chocolate chips and toasted coconut and pecans.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for about 12 minutes or until browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
Reviews for Wyoming Cowboy Cookies
Sort By :
Made these yesterday. Was looking for a "cowboy cookie" but all I could find were recipes making larger size cookies. Came across this recipe and based on the reviews, I decided to make them. These probably are now my absolute favorite choc chip recipe. I did take the pecans and coconut out of the oven and immediately put in the bowl to mix causing the choc chips to slightly melt. Oh my. awesome. I could eat them for a meal.
Great cookies, nice and chewy smacking w/ plenty of chocolate, but we found them a bit dry so not sure if they were over-baked or if the mixture needs a bit more moisture.
Very good! I might cook them a little less next time though. I like my cookies to be soft.
These are sooo yummy. I'm asked to make them all the time. I use different nuts sometimes but still fantastic.
I bought this amazing coconut chocolate chip cookie at a bakery in the Phoenix airport and wanted to try to replicate it at home. This recipe was definitely a winner. I received so many compliments on the cookies. If I make it again I would have to plan on giving some away or else I would eat them all!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Cookies >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >