- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups (12 ounces) chocolate chips
- Place coconut and pecans on a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 6 to 8 minutes or until toasted, stirring every 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt Add to creamed mixture; beat well. Stir in the oats, chocolate chips and toasted coconut and pecans.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for about 12 minutes or until browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
Reviews for Wyoming Cowboy Cookies(13)
Sort By :
Very good! I might cook them a little less next time though. I like my cookies to be soft.
These are sooo yummy. I'm asked to make them all the time. I use different nuts sometimes but still fantastic.
I bought this amazing coconut chocolate chip cookie at a bakery in the Phoenix airport and wanted to try to replicate it at home. This recipe was definitely a winner. I received so many compliments on the cookies. If I make it again I would have to plan on giving some away or else I would eat them all!
We love Cowboy cookies in my family-we've made several different versions. I must say this is one of the best ones. We love coconut, so next time I will add more. My husband doesn't like nuts, so we add butterscotch chips instead. LOVE!
With all the sugar, they are very sweet. I made them with 1/2 semi-sweet and 1/2 white chocolate. I didn't have pecans, so I used walnuts. If you use a small cookie scoop, (I have the Pampered Chef small scoop) you will get about 8 1/2 dozen.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Cookies >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >