Wreath Cookies Recipe
It's easy to enhance crisp sugar cookies with white chocolate, coconut and red-hots. The wreath shape of these treats is so fun and festive.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 6 to 8 drops green food coloring
- 2 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup water, divided
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Red Hots
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, melted chocolate and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. scalloped round cookie cutter. Cut out centers using a floured 1-in. scalloped round cookie cutter. Place wreath portions 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- 4. Place coconut in a resealable plastic bag; add food coloring and 2 teaspoons water. Seal bag and toss until coconut is tinted.
- 5. Mix confectioners' sugar and remaining water. Spread over cookies. Top with coconut; decorate with Red Hots. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 cookie: 171 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 76mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Wreath Cookies
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC