Wreath Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons water, divided
- 3 cups flaked coconut
- 6 to 8 drops green food coloring
- 1/4 cup red-hot candies
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the chocolate, eggs and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. scalloped cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; cut out centers using a floured 1-in. scalloped cookie cutter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 10-14 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. For glaze, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and 1/4 cup water. Place coconut in a resealable plastic bag; add food coloring and remaining water. Seal bag and toss until coconut is tinted.
- 5. Spread cookies with glaze; sprinkle with coconut. Decorate with red-hots. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 each: 177 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 74mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Wreath Cookies
"Has this recipe been tested? I started to make them, but noticed it did not call for baking powder or soda??"
"easy and a lot of fun. Have had lots of compliments."