Wreath Cookies Recipe
It's easy to enhance crisp sugar cookies with white chocolate, coconut and red-hots. The wreath shape of these treats is so fun and festive.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons water, divided
- 3 cups flaked coconut
- 6 to 8 drops green food coloring
- 1/4 cup red-hot candies
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the chocolate, eggs and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. scalloped cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; cut out centers using a floured 1-in. scalloped cookie cutter.
- Bake at 350° for 10-14 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and 1/4 cup water. Place coconut in a resealable plastic bag; add food coloring and remaining water. Seal bag and toss until coconut is tinted.
- Spread cookies with glaze; sprinkle with coconut. Decorate with red-hots. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Wreath Cookies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual
Reviews for Wreath Cookies(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Cookies >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >