- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce or regular tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked whole wheat macaroni (optional)
- TOPPINGS (OPTIONAL):
- Crushed baked tortilla chips, chopped green or regular onion, chopped tomato, chopped bell pepper, chopped fresh cilantro, reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese, nonfat Greek yogurt
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef and onions; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking beef into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove drippings.
- Stir in beans, tomato sauce, corn, water, spices and herbs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over macaroni, if desired. Garnish with toppings, as desired.
- Cincinnati-Style Beef Chili: Stir in 1 teaspoon cinnamon with other seasonings in Step 2. Serve over hot cooked whole wheat spaghetti.
- Moroccan-Style Beef Chili: Substitute 1 cup frozen peas for corn. Stir in 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice with other seasonings in Step 2. Serve over whole hot cooked whole wheat couscous or brown rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Wrangler's Beef Chili in The Beef Checkoff 2014
Reviews for Wrangler's Beef Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 14, 2014
"This chili is great! I used tortilla chips on top and they added a great crunch"