- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain. Stir in raisins and Italian seasoning; add to sauce. In
- the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion until moisture has
- evaporated. Stir into sauce. In a large bowl, combine the eggs,
- ricotta, spinach and grated Parmesan cheese; set aside.
- In each of two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes, layer with 1-1/3
- cups sauce, half of a package of ravioli, 1-1/3 cups sauce, 1/4 cup
- shredded Parmesan cheese, six half slices of provolone cheese, 1 cup
- Monterey Jack cheese and 2-1/2 cups spinach mixture.
- Top each with six half slices of provolone cheese, 1 cup Monterey
- Jack cheese, 1-1/3 cups sauce, remaining ravioli and sauce, 1/4 cup
- shredded Parmesan cheese, six half slices of provolone cheese,
- sliced tomatoes and remaining Monterey Jack cheese (dishes will be
- Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15
- minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 15
- minutes before serving. Yield: 2 casseroles (12 servings each).
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.