Worth Every Penne Recipe
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese or 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, pesto, 1 tablespoon oil, honey, salt and pepper; set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute the mushrooms, onion and peppers in remaining oil until tender. Stir in the spinach, chicken and tomatoes; cook until spinach is wilted.
- 3. Drain pasta; place in a large serving bowl. Add the chicken mixture, tomatoes and pesto mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 422 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 519 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Reviews for Worth Every Penne
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.