Worms for Brains Recipe
"This is a quick and easy Halloween dish my family has come to expect each year," says Julianna Tazzia from West Bloomfield, Michigan. "I have time to get the little ones ready to go trick-or-treating, yet they still get a hot meal before they go out."
- 8 to 10 medium sweet orange peppers
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1. Cut tops off peppers and set aside; remove seeds and membranes. Cut a jack-o'-lantern face on one side of each pepper; set aside.
- 2. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- 3. Drain spaghetti; add to beef. Stir in spaghetti sauce; heat through. Spoon into peppers; replace tops. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 334 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 404 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC