Worms for Brains Recipe
"This is a quick and easy Halloween dish my family has come to expect each year," says Julianna Tazzia from West Bloomfield, Michigan. "I have time to get the little ones ready to go trick-or-treating, yet they still get a hot meal before they go out."
- 8 to 10 medium sweet orange peppers
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- Cut tops off peppers and set aside; remove seeds and membranes. Cut a jack-o'-lantern face on one side of each pepper; set aside.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Drain spaghetti; add to beef. Stir in spaghetti sauce; heat through. Spoon into peppers; replace tops. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Worms for Brains in Taste of Home October/November 2006, p17
Reviews for Worms for Brains
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2011
"Such a great idea. The kids loved them and the amount in each pepper was just enough...very simple, but impressive!!!"