Worm Salad Recipe
This satisfying salad is good hot or cold. It can also be easily made into a main dish by adding cooked chicken, shrimp or tofu. With it's slightly sweet flavor and fun mix of ingredients, the whole family will like it.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 8 ounces uncooked bucatini pasta or thick spaghetti
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 ounces fresh snow peas
- 1/2 cup julienned carrot
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1. Break bucatini into thirds; cook according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the hoisin sauce, vinegar, orange juice concentrate, soy sauce and sesame oil. Drain pasta. Add to hoisin sauce mixture; toss to coat. Set aside.
- 3. In a large skillet, saute the snow peas, carrot and onion in canola oil for 2 minutes. Add garlic; saute 1 minute. Add to pasta mixture; toss to coat. Serve warm or chilled. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC