This satisfying salad is good hot or cold. It can also be easily made into a main dish by adding cooked chicken, shrimp or tofu. With it's slightly sweet flavor and fun mix of ingredients, the whole family will like it.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Featured In: Creepy Crawly Halloween Party
- 8 ounces uncooked bucatini pasta or thick spaghetti
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 ounces fresh snow peas
- 1/2 cup julienned carrot
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Break bucatini into thirds; cook according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the hoisin sauce, vinegar, orange juice concentrate, soy sauce and sesame oil. Drain pasta. Add to hoisin sauce mixture; toss to coat. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the snow peas, carrot and onion in canola oil for 2 minutes. Add garlic; saute 1 minute. Add to pasta mixture; toss to coat. Serve warm or chilled. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Worm Salad in Halloween Party Favorites 2009 2009, p22
Reviews for Worm Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2011
"<p>I added chicken and broccoli florets to the recipe. It was a good combination of flavors, however the sauce was really overpowering. If I make this again, I will only use a 1/4 cup of Hoisin sauce.</p>"