World's Best Waffles
I pride myself on being a good cook who learned everything about baking and cooking from my very patient mother. Credit also goes to my father, who suffered through my many less-than-successful experiments!
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm milk. Beat egg
- yolks lightly; beat into yeast mixture. Beat in vanilla. Combine
- flour, salt and nutmeg; stir into yeast mixture just until combined.
- Add butter and mix well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Cover and
- let rise until doubled, about 45-60 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's
- directions until golden brown. Yield: 12-16 waffles (about 6-1/2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 218 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.