Woodcutter's Stew Recipe
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 5 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 ounces fully cooked Polish sausage
- 1. In a blender or food processor, process the tomatoes until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Add the next eight ingredients; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- 3. Meanwhile, cut sausage into 1/2-in. slices; cut each slice into quarters. In a skillet over medium heat, brown sausage; drain. Add to lentil mixture with reserved tomatoes; heat through. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 6-8 serving (2-1/4 quarts).
1 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Woodcutter's Stew
"This is my daughters favorite meal. She even asks for it for her birthday dinner"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.