Woodcutter's Stew Recipe
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 5 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 ounces fully cooked Polish sausage
- 1. In a blender or food processor, process the tomatoes until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Add the next eight ingredients; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- 3. Meanwhile, cut sausage into 1/2-in. slices; cut each slice into quarters. In a skillet over medium heat, brown sausage; drain. Add to lentil mixture with reserved tomatoes; heat through. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 6-8 serving (2-1/4 quarts).
1 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Woodcutter's Stew
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.