Wonton Wrapper Appetizers Recipe
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 16 wonton wrappers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1. In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain if necessary. Stir in onions; set aside.
- 2. Press wonton wrappers into greased miniature muffin cups; lightly brush with oil. Bake at 350° for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. Spoon 1 rounded tablespoon of sausage mixture into each cup; top with 1 tablespoon of cheese. Bake 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately. Yield: 16 appetizers.
1 each: 108 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 192mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Wonton Wrapper Appetizers
"These are super easy and tasty. I was making biscuits and gravy for one daughter and these wonton cups for another, so we decided to add some of the sausage gravy to the wonton cups. Awesome! I plan on making these for breakfast for guests! There are hundreds of possibilities..."
"this is an okay wonton recipe. i would have added a bit sesame oil to it to give a bit more flvor"
"These wrappers are always a hit at every get together! Have given out this recipe countless times!"
"These are easy and delicious. I took these to a get together yesterday and everyone loved them."
"I have made these for food days for years. A couple of the guys that I work with are now deployed to Afghanistan. I asked them what they would want me to send over to them and they said the Sausage Wonton Cups! They are that good and highly requested!"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer