Wonton Wrapper Appetizers
I get repeated requests for this easy-to-prepare appetizer. It's one of the first to disappear from the table.—Sheila Styles, Travelers Rest, South Carolina
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 16 wonton wrappers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain if necessary. Stir in onions; set aside.
- Press wonton wrappers into greased miniature muffin cups; lightly
- brush with oil. Bake at 350° for 6-7 minutes or until golden
- Spoon 1 rounded tablespoon of sausage mixture into each cup; top with
- 1 tablespoon of cheese. Bake 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is
- melted. Serve immediately. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 108 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 192 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer