Wonton Wrapper Appetizers Recipe
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 16 wonton wrappers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1. In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain if necessary. Stir in onions; set aside.
- 2. Press wonton wrappers into greased miniature muffin cups; lightly brush with oil. Bake at 350° for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. Spoon 1 rounded tablespoon of sausage mixture into each cup; top with 1 tablespoon of cheese. Bake 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately. Yield: 16 appetizers.
1 serving (1 each) equals 108 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 192 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer