I get repeated requests for this easy-to-prepare appetizer. It's one of the first to disappear from the table.—Sheila Styles, Travelers Rest, South Carolina
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 16 wonton wrappers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain if necessary. Stir in onions; set aside.
- Press wonton wrappers into greased miniature muffin cups; lightly brush with oil. Bake at 350° for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spoon 1 rounded tablespoon of sausage mixture into each cup; top with 1 tablespoon of cheese. Bake 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Originally published as Sausage Wonton Cups in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p48
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Wonton Wrapper Appetizers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review