Wonton Walnut Ravioli Recipe
- 3-1/2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 40 wonton wrappers
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- Place squash on a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Cool slightly.
- Place cream and squash in a food processor; cover and process until pureed. Spoon 1 tablespoon mixture in the center of a wonton wrapper. (Keep wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Moisten edges with egg; top with another wonton wrapper. Pinch edges to seal, pressing around filling to remove air pockets. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Cook ravioli in batches for 30-60 seconds or until they float. Remove with a slotted spoon; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place butter and marinara sauce in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Stir in walnuts. Serve with ravioli; sprinkle with sage. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Wonton Walnut Ravioli(4)
Sort By :
Very good! A "five star restaurant" side dish instead of the usual potato, rice or noodle side dish... plus your getting a serving of vegies!
This is perfect! I did change the butter to 1/4 cup...otherwise I prepared it exactly as written, and it's delicious.
Didn't change a thing. This was absolutely DELICIOUS! Thought my husband might think it was weird, but he loved it. Great way to use up my bumper crop of butternut
Delicious! Although I did adjust the butter in the sauce to 2 Tablespoons...I just couldn't add that much fat!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Butternut Squash Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Squash Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Recipes >
- Vegetarian Dinner Recipes >