Wonton Sundaes Recipe
Whether set on appetizer trays or dessert buffets, these cute little bites will surely disappear in no time. "I created the recipe by combining two of my favorite treats," says Betty Jo Morris of Little Rock, Arkansas.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 24 maraschino cherries with stems
- 1. Place wonton wrappers on a work surface; spritz with butter-flavored spray. Combine 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over wrappers. Press into miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately remove wonton cups to an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until bottoms of cups are lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, vanilla and remaining sugar until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans. Spoon into wonton cups. Top each with a cherry. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 sundae equals 83 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 74 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC