Wonderful White Bread
"Simply wonderful" is the way Karen Kaloydis of Flushing, Michigan describes this beautiful loaf of home-style white bread. Its light texture makes it great for sandwiches or toast.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon water (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- In a bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and
- loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions
- (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of
- water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 111 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.