Wonderful White Bread Recipe
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon water (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- In a bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
Reviews for Wonderful White Bread(9)
Sort By :
Yum!!! Great recipe which I now bake in the bread maker all the time.
This bread machine recipe is absolutely wonderful! I have tried many bread machine recipes and this is the absolute best! Once in a while I add 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract for a little sweetness.
This bread is fluffy and was just the right size for my regular bread machine. I am making it again but will be adding herbs and some dried onion for extra flavor. This bread will go with any meal. Thank you for sharing it!
Best white bread recipe, hands down! Thank you for this, I have been trying to find a recipe that didn't need milk powder. This is a keeper!
I make this bread almost every week. We just love it! I always do only the dough cycle on my bread machine. Then take it out, let it rest for 15 minutes, divide into 2 and shape into 2 greased loaf pans. Let rise for 50 mins in a warm place, then bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. It is much lighter, you get 2 slightly smaller loaves which last longer because you can freeze one for later. Yum! It is truly Wonderful.