Every Christmas I give plates of candy to family, friends and co-workers. It's one thing everyone looks forward to, and these candies get the most compliments. —Jeannie Trudell, Del Norte, Colorado
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 pounds confectioners' sugar
- COOKIES & CREME BONBONS:
- 1/2 cup cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 1 pound white candy coating, melted
- CHOCOLATE-COVERED CHERRIES:
- 54 maraschino cherries (about two 10-ounce jars), patted dry
- 1 pound milk chocolate candy coating, melted
- In a large bowl, combine butter and milk. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until a smooth dough is formed. Divide in half; cover with plastic wrap.
- For bonbons, stir cookie crumbs into one portion of dough. Shape into 1-in. balls. Dip into white candy coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill until firm.
- For chocolate-covered cherries, shape remaining portion of dough into 1-in. balls; flatten to 2-in. circles. Wrap each circle around a cherry and gently reshape into a ball. Dip into milk chocolate coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill until firm. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 9 dozen.
Originally published as Wonderful Candies Two Ways in Taste of Home February/March 2009, p52
Reviews for Wonderful Candies Two Ways
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review