Wonderburgers for Two Recipe
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Sesame seeds
- 1 egg
- 1 to 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 pound ground beef
- Lettuce leaves
- 1. Separate breadsticks into 12 pieces; connect two pieces by pinching ends together, forming six ropes. Shape each rope into a coil; flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Layer two coils together on an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat twice. Beat egg and water; brush over dough. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown; cool on a wire rack. Save one bun for another use.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the egg, soy sauce, onion, thyme, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well; shape into two 3/4-in.-thick patties. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Split two buns in half; top with lettuce and burgers. Yield: 2 servings.
1 burger equals 641 calories, 28 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 305 mg cholesterol, 1,649 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 42 g protein.
Reviews for Wonderburgers for Two
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.