Wonderburgers for Two Recipe
"I often cook for just my husband and myself, so this perfectly portioned recipe really comes in handy," Cathy Zadel writes from Hanalei, Hawaii. "Homemade" hamburger buns make these sandwiches extra special.
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Sesame seeds
- 1 large egg
- 1 to 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 pound ground beef
- Lettuce leaves
- 1. Separate breadsticks into 12 pieces; connect two pieces by pinching ends together, forming six ropes. Shape each rope into a coil; flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Layer two coils together on an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat twice. Beat egg and water; brush over dough. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown; cool on a wire rack. Save one bun for another use.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the egg, soy sauce, onion, thyme, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well; shape into two 3/4-in.-thick patties. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Split two buns in half; top with lettuce and burgers. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 641 calories, 28g fat (11g saturated fat), 305mg cholesterol, 1649mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 42g protein.
Reviews for Wonderburgers for Two
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC