- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Sesame seeds
- 1 large egg
- 1 to 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 pound ground beef
- Lettuce leaves
- Separate breadsticks into 12 pieces; connect two pieces by pinching ends together, forming six ropes. Shape each rope into a coil; flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Layer two coils together on an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat twice. Beat egg and water; brush over dough. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown; cool on a wire rack. Save one bun for another use.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, soy sauce, onion, thyme, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well; shape into two 3/4-in.-thick patties. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Split two buns in half; top with lettuce and burgers. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Wonderburgers for Two in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p87
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Wonderburgers for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review