Wok Your Pork Recipe
- 1 pound boneless pork loin, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen pea pods, thawed
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Cooked rice or chow mein noodles
- 1. In a wok or skillet, stir-fry the pork, ginger and garlic powder in oil until meat is no longer pink. Add the vegetable blend, pea pods and tomato; cook until vegetables are heated through.
- 2. Combine the cornstarch, water and soy sauce until smooth; add to wok. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 331 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 1,052 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.