Witches' Hats Recipe
Add something savory to your next spooky buffet with these cute witches' hats. The Kalamata olives are the perfect complement to the goat cheese.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. Bake: 5 min. YIELD:63 servings
- 21 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 package (5.3 ounces) goat cheese
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 to 2 bunches whole chives
- 1 jar (12.36 ounces) kalamata olive tapenade or ripe olive bruschetta topping
- 1. Cut each bread slice (with crust) into three triangles; discard any trimmings. Place on baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes or until toasted. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine goat cheese and cream cheese until smooth; spread over toasts. Cut chives into 2-in. lengths. Position two chives at the bottom of each triangle; press down gently. Spread each with 1 teaspoon tapenade. Yield: 63 appetizers.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC