These delicious biscuits have a delicious pumpkin flavor that appeals to everyone. The honey butter adds a bit of sweetness to every bite.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and nutmeg. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pumpkin and buttermilk just until moistened. Stir in walnuts.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 3-1/4-in. witches' hat biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the honey butter ingredients. Serve with warm biscuits. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Witches' Hat Biscuits in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p240
Reviews for Witches' Hat Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review