My family loves bread, so I try to serve some with every meal. Halloween isn't the same without these oh-so-good breadsticks.
15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk and Italian seasoning.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 10 times. Divide into 30
- portions; set half aside. Roll the remaining 15 pieces into 7-in.
- ropes for broom handles; fold in half and twist. Place on ungreased
- baking sheets.
- Shape reserved pieces into 2-1/2-in. circles; cut with scissors to
- form a bundle of broom twigs. Place below each broom handle; pinch
- edges to seal. Brush with butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve
- warm or cool on a wire rack. Yield: 15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 109 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 288 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.