My family loves bread, so I try to serve some with every meal. Halloween isn't the same without these oh-so-good breadsticks.
- 2-1/3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk and Italian seasoning. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 10 times. Divide into 30 portions; set half aside. Roll the remaining 15 pieces into 7-in. ropes for broom handles; fold in half and twist. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Shape reserved pieces into 2-1/2-in. circles; cut with scissors to form a bundle of broom twigs. Place below each broom handle; pinch edges to seal. Brush with butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm or cool on a wire rack. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Witches' Broomsticks in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p240
Reviews for Witches' Broomsticks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review