Witches' Brew Recipe
Stir up Halloween beverages that are as bewitching as the rest of your menu. For a nonalcoholic version, just omit the vodka. —Taste of Home Food Styling Team
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:6 servings
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 8 medium kiwifruit, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- Green food coloring, optional
- 1 cup vodka, optional
- 1 liter ginger ale, chilled
- Ice cubes
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved; set aside to cool.
- 2. Place the kiwi, mint and sugar syrup in a blender; cover and process until blended. Tint green if desired. Pour into a large pitcher; stir in vodka if desired. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 3. Just before serving, stir in ginger ale. Serve over ice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup (calculated without vodka) equals 253 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 17 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC