Stir up Halloween beverages that are as bewitching as the rest of your menu. For a nonalcoholic version, just omit the vodka. —Taste of Home Food Styling Team, Greendale, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 8 medium kiwifruit, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- Green food coloring, optional
- 1 cup vodka, optional
- 1 liter ginger ale, chilled
- Ice cubes
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Cook and stir
- until sugar is dissolved; set aside to cool.
- Place the kiwi, mint and sugar syrup in a blender; cover and process
- until blended. Tint green if desired. Pour into a large pitcher;
- stir in vodka if desired. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, stir in ginger ale. Serve over ice. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without vodka) equals 253 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 17 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.